Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
This 1 day workshop will assist managers, team leaders and team members to develop insight and awareness of their own and others’ emotions (behaviours, moods, reactions) to intentionally improve individual, team and organisational outcomes (wellbeing) in the workplace. It will also discuss and practice the 7 core EI competencies (skills and strategies) that are essential in the development and management of effective and productive interpersonal interactions.
On completing the 1-day course, participants will be able to:
- Define emotional intelligence (EQ) and recognise the impact of emotional and social behaviours in both personal and professional interactions
- Increase emotional awareness and knowledge by understanding and managing emotions
- Recognise the emotions of others and how to relate with EI to improve workplace relationships and performance
- Identify and practice the 7 essential elements of EI (including Self-Awareness, Emotional Resilience, Motivation, Interpersonal Sensitivity, Influence, Intuition & Conscientiousness)
- Develop and practice EI strategies and skills to build effective communication with others
- Utilise EI competencies as part of a values-based leadership approach to increase the team/ organisational EQ
9:00am – 4:45pm
Each participant will receive a training manual.
Training Workshops (lunch & morning / afternoon tea included):
$360+GST = $396 (Early Bird – 2 months prior to start or AASW member) or $390+GST = $429
Cancellation The following cancellation fees are per person per course. If notice is given more than 4 weeks prior to the course, a $90 administration fee applies. Between 2-4 weeks, 30% of the total is payable. Between 1-2 weeks, 50% is payable. Less than 1 week, full payment is required. Alternatively you may transfer another person in your place.