Advanced Mediation Training
This challenging and interactive course is aimed at those who already have an understanding and practical experience of the mediation process. The course will focus on advanced issues and aims to refine and update workers skills, practices and theoretical perspectives used to mediate in various areas of conflict.
Psychologists and social workers receive 14 CPD hours toward their professional development requirements.
On completing the 2-day course, participants will be able to:
- Identify practice obstacles and challenges in mediation and how to overcome these
- Identify and demonstrate an understanding of the purpose, techniques and skills required for each stage of the mediation process
- Identify factors that contribute to a successful mediation outcome (including the intake assessment, screening, etc)
- Identify the variations of the mediation process (eg. shuttle mediation, separate sessions, use of interpreters)
- Identify mediation theories and how these can be applied to the process
- Identify in further detail the various cultural considerations when mediating with CLD or indigenous communities/ families
- Identify and demonstrate characteristics of a mindful and reflective mediator
- Power, violence and challenging dynamics
- Techniques for the negotiation stage
- Identifying sub-issues in the Key Issue stage
- De-briefing with your co-mediator
- Feedback & client evaluation
Day 1: 9:15 – 4:15
Day 2: 9:00 – 4:00
Each participant will receive a training manual.
Training Workshop (lunch & morning / afternoon tea included):
$500+GST = $550 (Early Bird – 2 months prior to start or AASW member) or $540+GST = $594
Cancellation The following cancellation fees are per person per course. If notice is given more than 4 weeks prior to the course, a $90 administration fee applies. Between 2-4 weeks, 30% of the total is payable. Between 1-2 weeks, 50% is payable. Less than 1 week, full payment is required. Alternatively you may transfer another person in your place.