The Artistry of Facilitation – Presentation Skills
This interactive 1-day course will assist professionals to understand and practice the necessary presentation skills and techniques to deliver engaging and inspiring presentations. The course will explore preparation/ planning and evaluation of the presentation, development of your own authentic presentation style, strategies to overcome nerves and challenging audiences; and, insight into the latest strategies and technologies (and tips!) used by inspiring speakers.
The course is designed for those that are required to make presentations – both beginning presenters and those that need to refresh or update their presentation skills.
Psychologists and social workers receive 7.5 CPD hours toward their professional development requirements.
On completing the 1-day course, participants will be able to:
- Prepare and plan a presentation to meet the requirements of the audience
- Understand the essential structure of effective presentations to engage, impact and retain the audience
- Identify and practice effective presentation skills and techniques (power pause / appropriate humour / storytelling)
- Recognise and develop your own authentic presentation style (incorporating your strengths)
- Build audience rapport and energise / encourage audience participation
- Understanding different learning styles and how to incorporate these into presentations
- Increase your presence, confidence and overcome nerves
- Incorporate contemporary and appropriate ‘power’ visuals/ technologies e.g. Prezi, cartoons, videos to support the presentation
- Evaluate the effectiveness of presentations to ensure continued improvement
- Preparation for presentations
- Presentation structure, skills & techniques
- Presentation delivery – body language / vocal techniques / nerves
- Audience engagement – energisers / icebreakers / challenging situations
9:15 – 4:45
Each participant will receive a training manual.
$390+GST = $429 (Early Bird – 2 months prior to start or AASW / ACWA member) or $420+GST = $462
The following cancellation fees are per person per course. If notice is given more than 4 weeks prior to the course, a $90 administration fee applies. Between 2-4 weeks, 30% of the total is payable. Between 1-2 weeks, 50% is payable. Less than 1 week full payment is required. Alternatively you may transfer another person in your place.