The Artistry of Facilitation – Training Groups
The Artistry of Facilitation is an engaging and dynamic 1 day course that will assist workers to explore the theory and practical aspects of facilitating training groups. The course will ensure workers have the knowledge, practical skills and confidence in preparing, delivering and reviewing training sessions. The training will also focus on becoming an artist of facilitation – in particular, the subtle techniques and aspects of facilitation.
The course is applicable to trainers in all areas – it is designed to suit both beginning facilitators as well as those that are more experienced.
Psychologists and social workers receive 7 CPD hours toward their professional development requirements.
On completing the 1-day course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the essential elements in preparing to train small groups
- Identify and demonstrate strategies in dealing with various challenging group dynamics and group members’ behaviours
- Identify the integral ingredients to ensure the training is relevant and engaging
- Identify the requirements in creating a positive and supportive learning environment
- Identify the 11 considerations for creating a session plan (including the 3 primary adult learning styles, group contours and group elements)
- Identify the different group stages and how to manage these as a facilitator
- Identify your style of facilitation and how to incorporate your strengths as a facilitator
- Identify and demonstrate the important communication skills, techniques, qualities and attitudes required to be an effective group facilitator
- Identify and demonstrate characteristics of a mindful facilitator and what is required to become a facilitation artist
- Dealing with resistant, negative or critical participants
- Group cycle, group function and group process
- Creating your own group and facilitating a training session
- Great icebreakers with a focus on the parallel process
9:15 – 4:45
Each participant will receive a training manual.
$390+GST for early bird (2 months prior) or AASW members. $420+GST for normal registrations. Lunch, morning & afternoon tea provided.
The following cancellation fees are per person per course. If notice is given more than 4 weeks prior to the course, a $90 administration fee applies. Between 2-4 weeks, 30% of the total is payable. Between 1-2 weeks, 50% is payable. Less than 1 week full payment is required. Alternatively you may transfer another person in your place.