Learn + explore your conflict situation in a safe space to developed insight + skills to successfully transform the dispute.
Conflict Coaching is a one-on-one process that enables the client to explore specific conflict situations in a safe space. The process assists clients to gain insight, skills and knowledge in how to manage and transform their conflicts and disputes. Conflict Coaching facilitates individuals to develop creative, effective and constructive strategies to address the conflicts adversely impacting themselves, their work and the workplace.
Coaching is a results-oriented process that helps clients work through any challenges to achieving change. To perform the coaching role effectively, coaches establish a safe environment and work with the client to co-create the coaching relationship. Coaches follow a specific model that guides the process, aimed at moving clients along a continuum from where they are to where they want to be. This is done by way of an informal dialogue within which coaches ask clients strategic questions aimed at increasing their self-awareness.
Coaches acknowledge clients’ situations, provide observations and challenge them to move out of their comfort zones to reach their goals. They offer clients inspiration, motivation, support and feedback to facilitate their success. They also stay attuned to whether clients are remaining accountable to expend the time, energy and effort needed to progress and reach their objectives.
The coach’s responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify and align with what the client wants to achieve;
- Encourage client self-discovery;
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies; and,
- Hold the client responsible and accountable.
We provide highly skilled and experienced conflict coaches to facilitate the conflict coaching process. Fighting Fair will assist the employee by:
- Providing a safe and constructive environment to explore the conflict situation.
- Using a clear model and powerful questioning to elicit insight and strategies to manage current disputes.
- Offering a process that can be utilised to de-escalate and prevent future conflicts.
- Gaining greater insight into conflict situations.
- Gaining greater confidence in dealing with conflict situations.
- Responding rather than reacting to future conflict situations.
- Preventing and de-escalating both current and future disputes.
- Developing open and constructive communication/ relationships.
In what situations can you use Conflict Coaching?
- To explore what to do about a dispute that has already occurred.
- To consider the most appropriate strategies and approaches in managing a conflict that is currently in progress.
- To prepare for a one-on-one interaction (e.g. performance review, disciplinary conversation or other situation that is expected to be challenging).
- To consider how to approach a situation that could escalate.
- To examine the choices and solutions that may be feasible for resolving issues that are in dispute.
- To prepare for mediation or another process such as negotiation, arbitration, restorative justice or group facilitation.