This 1 day virtual workshop follows Difficult Conversations Level 1 (Essentials). It explores in further detail how to have those difficult + necessary conversations – in particular, how to manage any difficult challenges that can potentially arise, how to be mindfully aware of triggers and how to assess whether alternative options to the DC are appropriate. This course utilises the Harvard Negotiation Project model for difficult conversations in the workplace and is necessary for the manager with employees, the executive leader with committees/ boards, between colleagues/ organisations or from staff to management, and with clients. It is also applicable for challenging interpersonal conversations.
NB/ Members of the APS, the AASW + ACWA may also receive CPD hours toward their professional development requirements.
- Understand and refresh the Harvard Negotiation Project model including the initial ‘what happened’, the feeling + the identity conversations.
- Refresh the essentials, including how to start the conversations, clarity on purpose, mindset, multiple perspectives, impact vs intent, the ‘AND Stance’, CINO, POO + N&N.
- Explore the most common challenges in a DC (including blame, defensiveness, avoiding, closing/ shutting down, emotionally heightened, personal attacks, deflecting, etc) and how to overcome these.
- Explore when a difficult conversation is not appropriate/ not going to assist the situation and alternative options.
- Explore examples and apply strategies to manage challenges + create understanding.
- Practice having difficult conversations in a safe space.
- Explore the importance of mindfulness and awareness of triggers during the conversation.
- Gain greater confidence and a practical skill-set to have difficult to connected conversations.
Virtual Training Pricing
($451) for early bird (2 months prior)
($495) full fee
“10/10! What a SUPERSTAR facilitator!”