The Artistry of Facilitation: Training Small Groups – Virtually! will explore how to facilitate training in the virtual + online world with Zoom. If you are moving from face-to-face (F2F) to virtual training this workshop will ensure your sessions are engaging, educational and fun!
This workshop is a dynamic + interactive one day course that will assist trainers to explore the theory and practical aspects of facilitating training groups in a virtual environment. The course will ensure workers have the knowledge, practical skills + confidence in preparing, delivering + reviewing virtual training sessions. We will also focus on becoming an ‘artist of (virtual) facilitation’ by exploring and applying the subtle techniques + nuances of facilitation.
NB/ Members of the APS, the AASW + ACWA may also receive CPD hours toward their professional development requirements.
- Identify the differences between virtual and (face-to-face) F2F training
- Identify all the elements of Zoom including break-out rooms, polling, whiteboard use, reactions, chat function, etc.
- Identify the important settings when creating a training session via Zoom
- Identify the essential elements in preparing to train virtually – including the important settings in the Zoom platform (e.g. security settings)
- Identify and demonstrate strategies in dealing with various challenging group dynamics + behaviours.
- Identify the integral ingredients to ensure the training is relevant + engaging.
- Identify the requirements in creating a positive + supportive learning environment.
- Identify the 11 considerations for creating a session plan (including the 3 primary adult learning styles, group contours + group elements).
- Identify your style of facilitation and how to incorporate your strengths as a facilitator.
- Identify and demonstrate characteristics of a mindful facilitator + what is required to become a (virtual) facilitation artist.
Virtual Training Pricing
($418) for early bird (2 months prior)
($451) full fee.
“FANTASTIC! Scott facilitates personal + professional transformation”