Workplace Wellness: Vicarious Trauma (VT) + Resilience
This ½ day interactive PD workshop will assist staff + teams to understand and develop resilience in the workplace. We will outline the importance of personal, interpersonal and organisational practices/ systems to strengthen health + safety (workplace wellness). The workshop will also explore vicarious trauma (VT) by understanding and recognising VT and the necessary skills + strategies to manage and support team members – both personally and as a team/ organisation.
NB/ Members of the APS, the AASW + ACWA may also receive CPD hours toward their professional development requirements.
- Understand what resilience is and the common psychosocial stressors and neurological responses which can impact on mental health + wellbeing in the workplace.
- Explore strategies to build and sustain resilience personally/ professionally and as a team/ organisation.
- Learn how to recognise personal stress indicators and use these to prompt resilient action.
- Understand what vicarious trauma (VT) is – including early signs, risk indicators + prevention of potential impact.
- Contrast the difference between VT with burnout and compassion fatigue.
- Explore the strategies to support VT personally, interpersonally (as a colleague or manager) and organisationally.
We are more than happy to have a chat about the learning needs of your team and how we can assist!
“EXCELLENT! Scott delivers a complex topic in an easy to understand way – with humour!”
We’d love to hear from you!
0425 837 756
1300 916 108