This challenging and interactive course is aimed at those who already have an understanding and practical experience of the mediation process. The course will focus on advanced issues and aims to refine and update workers skills, practices and theoretical perspectives used to mediate in various areas of conflict.
NB/ Members of the APS, the AASW + ACWA may also receive CPD hours toward their professional development requirements.
- Identify practice obstacles and challenges in mediation and how to overcome these
- Identify and demonstrate an understanding of the purpose, techniques and skills required for each stage of the mediation process
- Identify factors that contribute to a successful mediation outcome (including the intake assessment, screening etc.)
- Identify the variations of the mediation process (eg. shuttle mediation, separate sessions, use of interpreters)
- Identify mediation theories and how these can be applied to the process
- Identify in further detail the various cultural considerations when mediating with CLD or indigenous communities / families
- Identify and demonstrate characteristics of a mindful and reflective mediator
($693) for early bird (2 months prior)
($759) for normal registrations.
Lunch, morning and afternoon tea provided.
“WOW! Scott absolutely hit it out of the ballpark!”