Mediation & Conflict Resolution Training
This interactive and stimulating 2 day course will assist professionals to explore conflict and impart the essential principles and process of mediation. The structured 5-step mediation model and specific conflict resolution skills will be presented and practiced. The course can be utilised in many different areas of conflict e.g. client work, workplace disputes and interpersonal conflict.
Psychologists and social workers receive 14 CPD hours toward their professional development requirements.
On completing the 2-day course, participants will be able to:
- Identify factors contributing to possible causes of conflict and barriers to resolution
- Identify the different levels of conflict and approaches to conflict situations
- Identify the conditions under which mediation is an appropriate intervention and how it differs from the counselling process
- Identify where mediation fits as an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) process
- Identify the skills, qualities and attitudes that a mediator requires
- Identify the underlying concepts and principles of the mediation process
- Identify and demonstrate an understanding of the 5-stage mediation model
- Identify the various cultural considerations when mediating with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CLD) or Indigenous communities/ families
- Identify and demonstrate characteristics of a mindful mediator
- Conflict characters
- The mediation models (solo & co-mediation)
- Mediator listening skills (mirroring, reflecting, reframing)
- Intake assessments (how to assess whether mediation is appropriate)
- Formal and informal use of mediation (with practice in a supportive environment)
Day 1: 9:15 – 4:30
Day 2: 9:00 – 4:15
Each participant will receive a training manual.
$540+GST ($594) for early bird (2 months prior) or AASW members. $590+GST ($649) for normal registrations. Lunch, morning and afternoon tea provided.
The following cancellation fees are per person per course. If notice is given more than 4 weeks prior to the course, a $90 administration fee applies. Between 2-4 weeks, 30% of the total is payable. Between 1-2 weeks, 50% is payable. Less than 1 week full payment is required. Alternatively you may transfer another person in your place.