This interactive and stimulating 2 day course will assist professionals to explore conflict and impart the essential principles and process of mediation. The structured 5-step mediation model and specific conflict resolution skills will be presented + practiced. The course can be utilised in many different areas of conflict e.g. client work, workplace disputes and interpersonal conflict.
NB/ Members of the APS, the AASW + ACWA may also receive CPD hours toward their professional development requirements.
- Identify factors contributing to possible causes of conflict and barriers to resolution.
- Identify the different levels of conflict and approaches to conflict situations.
- Identify the conditions under which mediation is an appropriate intervention and how it differs from the counselling process.
- Identify where mediation fits as an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) process.
- Identify the skills, qualities and attitudes that a mediator requires.
- Identify the underlying concepts and principles of the mediation process.
- Identify and demonstrate an understanding of the 5-stage mediation model.
- Identify the various cultural considerations when mediating with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) or Indigenous communities/ families.
- Identify and demonstrate characteristics of a mindful mediator.
Virtual Training Pricing
($649) for early bird (2 months prior)
($704) full fee
“Scott is a BRILLIANT trainer. Highly recommended. I laughed so hard and learnt so much.”